Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Another great event...

There are a lot of tasting events and food-related events going on in our fair city all the time. But in an effort to not become a slave to those (much appreciated) PR people that send out press releases all the time, I like to pick and choose which events are worth your hard-earned dollars-- just like how I recommend restaurants I feel are worth the money. This mission is important to me.

In any case, there are a few events that I think are worth the money, just based on the experience alone. Like the Share our Strength dinner at SDLT that I wrote about a couple weeks ago. So here's one that if you can spare the money, seems like it will be fantastic...

Next Tuesday, November 3, at the State Room, starchefs.com presents the 2009 Boston Rising Stars-- a tasting event featuring (to name a few of my favorites) Rachel Klein from Aura, Will Gilson from Garden at the Cellar, Maura Kilpatrick from Sofra (I need to get back there ASAP), Jamie Bissonnette from Toro, Joanne Chang from Flour/Myers + Chang, and many more. For the full list and more info, you can click here

Great venue + great chefs + great food...Sounds like an event not to be missed. If you go, give me a shout at dishgalboston@gmail.com or on Twitter ("DishGal")-- I'll be there! ;)

No comments: