Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Cocktail of the Week: the Hot 'n Dirty

We were en route to see Jim Gaffigan at Foxwoods, and we were late. Stuck in traffic in Mashantucket, Connecticut, Skylar, Michelle, and I realized as we watched the minutes tick by that we would have to have the fastest dinner of all time at Alta Strada, Michael Schlow's Italian restaurant at MGM Grand Foxwoods (you can read about my first experience there back in December here).

When we finally sat down, I took a courtesy-peek at the drink menu even though I knew what I wanted --a dirty martini. But then I saw it-- the Hot 'n Dirty-- a martini with olives and pepperoncini.

It was heaven. It had the saltiness of the standard dirty martini, mixed with the sassy heat from the pepperoncini.

I'm not sure if this drink is at the Wellesley location (anyone been before?), but if you happen to be at Foxwoods, definitely stop by Alta Strada for a little hot 'n dirty...

No comments: