Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Asian Chicken Meatballs

As I started to write this, I realize every recipe I post always has the same intro: [Insert recipe title here] is easy, fast, healthy, and delicious! This one is no different =) I guess one should assume reading a Dish Gal approved recipe that it's all of these things...

These meatballs were kind of a bizarre dinner choice, but really hit the spot! The original recipe suggested they be put in lettuce cups, but I enjoyed mine with my favorite dipping sauce -- spicy szechuan-- and some steamed sugar snap peas and brown rice. This also made for great leftovers for lunch the next day!

Dish Gal's Asian Chicken Meatballs
Serves 2

1/2 pound ground chicken
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (should substitute fresh, but I only had dried)
1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
¼ cup cilantro leaves
1/2 tsp red hot pepper flakes (or more, depending on how much spice you like!)
Here are some of the ingredients all set to go:
First, I set about doing my prep work, chopping my garlic and the cilantro (not pictured).Next, in a large bowl, stir together ground chicken, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and crushed red hot pepper flakes. Form mixture into 12 meatballs. They will seem a little too wet, especially since they don’t contain any egg or breadcrumbs. BUT distress not, and continue on ;) Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
This is my all time favorite stir fry sauce. It has a major kick to it, which I love, and a little goes a long way:
I also loves these microwaveable brown rice packs; they definitely cut down on the 50-minute brown rice cook times!

Finally, sprinkle the meatballs with your chopped cilantro, et voila! An easy, fast, healthy, and delicious meal ;)

No comments: