Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Cod with Herbed Breadcrumbs


This simple dish is one you can use again and again. It's a great healthy yet satisfying weeknight meal. I served it with brown rice and brussel sprouts. Right now, I'm all about saving money and time with microwaveable side dishes for weeknight meals. I bought this awesome brown rice that cooks right in the bag! I love brown rice but cannot handle cooking it on weeknights-- the 45 minute simmer time is wayyyy too long for me. And I used these great single serving, steam-fresh brussel sprouts.

This product is definitely Dish Gal recommended...

Cod w/ Herbed Breadcrumbs
Serves 1

2 tablespoons butter
½ shallot, minced
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
¾ tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise

1 6-8 oz cod fillet
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
lemon wedge, for garnish

Directions:
Melt the butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.

Add minced shallots and cook 1 minutes. Add breadcrumbs and stir until butter is absorbed.

Remove from heat and add green onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease baking pan and place fish in it. Brush lemon juice over fish. For added moisture, add 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise on the fish. Top with breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere. Bake until fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.

1 comment:

sudu said...

I remember a similiar dish at UNO it was v delicious. Can't wait to try this on my own. Though I would not fry the breadcrumbs in butter. I would dip the fish in melted butter and dip it in herbed breadcrumb mix and bake it.
I am going to have this for dinner tonight!