Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



UFood Grill

This Saturday, after some successful discount shopping in Downtown Crossing, I stopped into UFood Grill for a satisfying-yet-healthy lunch (or so I hoped). This restaurant prides itself on its healthfulness, using only "choice meats, natural and organic ingredients, fresh produce, whole grains, and light cheeses and dressings" (from its website) and I was interested to see if it still retained taste.

Skylar and I are all about the post-night-out smoothie these days, so I decided to get the strawbanilla-strawberry, banana, apple juice, and yogurt-made of course with whole fresh fruits. It definitely tasted a little different than other smoothies, but in a lighter and fresher way. And sometimes apple juice in a smoothie is off-putting for me and makes it too tart, but this one was much more subtle. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
For my sandwich I selected the chipotle chicken, which was grilled chicken breast on ciabatta bread with jalapeno jack cheese, chipotle mayo, pickles, lettuce, and tomato. I have a new love of jalapeno jack cheese; how did I not appreciate this spicy cheese before? In my opinion, the chipotle mayo and the pickles made the sandwich. It was a good size and tasted pretty fresh. I would definitely get this again. For Dish Gal, living in the world of pizza and pasta, I would kill for UFood Grill as a close-by option for a healthy dinner. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to sharpen my own cooking skills =)


UFood Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments: