Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Hot Dish of the Week

If my bank statement could include detailed reports of not only where I shop, but what I buy, you'd probably see "Whole Foods salad bar" on there about once a week for the past 15 months. What can I say? I'm an addict.

I already talked about the one in Union Square in NYC that's filled with the most amazing stuff, like mango & jicama slaw and mint & orange quinoa salad. While the Boston locations aren't quite as "exotic" in their selection, they do offer the same freshness and tastiness of their NYC counterparts.

I find the salads are most successful when I pick a theme. For example, the one pictured is kind of "Asian-style," with sesame tofu (my favorite part), grilled eggplant, brown rice, celery, cabbage slaw, and bell peppers. The salads are expensive (it's hard to get out of there for less than $7), but when you take into consideration all the health benefits you get from it, I think it's worth it. MMM, I think I know what I'm getting for lunch tomorrow...

2 comments:

Justine said...

I love salad bars, but unlike you I can't restrain myself to a theme. I just go crazy : )

Dish This! said...

haha most of the time i'm the same way actually! and i'll end up with a salad with sweet potatoes, edamame, olives, and tomatoes. ooops ;)