Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Andy Husbands is gonna be piiiissed...

As you may or may not have heard, Chef Andy Husbands's restaurant Tremont 647 has been offering $2 tacos on Tuesdays, presumably to attract budget-minded customers who also have a penchant for Mexican fare. Fellow blogger Cave Cibum reports on the experience here.

So I was surprised to read this morning in my Boston edition of Thrillist that Ken Oringer is now offering $1 tacos at his restaurant, La Verdad, on Tuesdays as well! It seems a little coincidental, does it not? Is it just me?

It seems like KO might not care all that much about what other Beantown chefs think of him, as evidenced in this article from Boston magazine in which he claims Tim Cushman of O Ya stole his ideas: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/the_knives_come_out/.

Couldn't we all just get along, in the hopes of having not one but TWO discounted taco days!?

2 comments:

Pam said...

I thought this was hilarious too! I mean, I know Tuesday is generally a slow night, but still...

When I was at Tremont 647, Andy was very friendly and mentioned that next year, they may keep the tacos on all week as the late night menu. Don't know if they'll follow through on that, but I'd love to see Oringer's response... ;)

Dish This! said...

Would LOVE if they were on the menu all week! How great would they be late night!? Thanks for the info =)