Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...

Masa, part deux

As I took the first sip of my bloody mary, I thought I had died and gone to brunch heaven. It was chunky and spicy, complex without being over-thought. One of the best I've ever had. A meal in itself.

But I'm getting ahead of myself...

Z and I had wandered around the South End, trying to find the perfect brunch spot, until finally I remembered that Elle (Dish This! character and reader) had raved about the Masa brunch. So down Tremont St we went. As soon as my eyes met the menu, I knew this was going to be a decadent meal.

I started with the aforementioned bloody mary. Our waitress brought over some cornbread to start-- so moist and delicious -- and it was accompanied by three different dips/butters -- a chipotle cranberry, a maple butter, and something with habanero I think? This was a GREAT start.

I chose the massive breakfast burrito for my meal, a flour tortilla stuffed with rice, potatoes, chorizo, vegetables, and cheese, and served with a side of beans and rice. AMAZING and so filling-- after the cornbread and bloody mary I felt like I could barely make a dent.
Z got "Sante Fe style" eggs benedict-- 2 poached eggs atop southwestern biscuits and avocado, smothered in a spicy Green chile hollandaise sauce. It was soft and smushy food-- the heat from the sauce was my favorite part. Masa is fast becoming one of my favorite Boston spots. A fun bar with great drinks, tapas for 50 cents during happy hour, and an amazing brunch, all in a fun and lively atmosphere? Sign me up.

No comments: