Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Masa, part deux

As I took the first sip of my bloody mary, I thought I had died and gone to brunch heaven. It was chunky and spicy, complex without being over-thought. One of the best I've ever had. A meal in itself.

But I'm getting ahead of myself...

Z and I had wandered around the South End, trying to find the perfect brunch spot, until finally I remembered that Elle (Dish This! character and reader) had raved about the Masa brunch. So down Tremont St we went. As soon as my eyes met the menu, I knew this was going to be a decadent meal.

I started with the aforementioned bloody mary. Our waitress brought over some cornbread to start-- so moist and delicious -- and it was accompanied by three different dips/butters -- a chipotle cranberry, a maple butter, and something with habanero I think? This was a GREAT start.

I chose the massive breakfast burrito for my meal, a flour tortilla stuffed with rice, potatoes, chorizo, vegetables, and cheese, and served with a side of beans and rice. AMAZING and so filling-- after the cornbread and bloody mary I felt like I could barely make a dent.
Z got "Sante Fe style" eggs benedict-- 2 poached eggs atop southwestern biscuits and avocado, smothered in a spicy Green chile hollandaise sauce. It was soft and smushy food-- the heat from the sauce was my favorite part. Masa is fast becoming one of my favorite Boston spots. A fun bar with great drinks, tapas for 50 cents during happy hour, and an amazing brunch, all in a fun and lively atmosphere? Sign me up.

1 comment:

Benny said...

There are a myriad of techniques, procedures and products that all promise they are the best for virgin brazilian hair weave. I have over 20 years of industry experience and can promise you I have personally tried them all. Our society places huge importance on brazilian hair uk. Some of us are born with it but for others it can turn into virgin brazilian hair bundles. If you are African American like myself you understand that getting ready in the morning can not be done in less than one hour. This lace wigs uk is made even harder by the 1000's of products that promise to do everything from whiten your teeth to curing baldness. My battle for hair extensions uk straightening product that will fight against curly, wavy and human hair wigs has been difficult at times I felt like straight hair was just a myth. After trying 100's of products most girls are simply sick and tired of trying new products only to see nothing happen.