I've been on a polenta-kick lately, so here's Dish Gal's "Polenta towers with eggplant, tomato, and mozzarella" =)
1 large eggplant
polenta (to save time, I just bought the pre-made kind that comes in that large tube)
1. Slice polenta into 1/2 inch round slices. Using my new favorite pan, my grill pan, I grilled the polenta until there were slight grill marks. Layer a baking dish with the polenta rounds; chill in the refridgerator.
2. Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch round slices. Brush with olive oil. Grill. Season with S&P and dried oregano. Set aside.
3. Slice tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic, season with S&P and dried oregano.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. When polenta has cooled, layer eggplant on top. Then slice the mozzarella balls, and put a slice on each. Then add tomato slices.
6. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes. When you take it out, drizzle a little extra balsamic on top and then garnish with a fresh sprig of basil.