Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Top Chef Finale


What a boring last episode of Top Chef! I hate to say it, but at least keeping Lisa made me less likely to fall asleep, worried that Hell would freeze over and she would win. This was not true for Sebastian, however, who I had to keep elbowing to wake up =) But thank god my prediction was right that humble and talented Stephanie came out victorious.

Nothing they cooked really excited me at all… and I hate to say it but if I had to eat one of those tasting meals I probably would’ve tried Lisa’s! The soup dish reminded me of the amazing sweet and spicy Tom Yum coconut soup I had at The Savant Project on my birthday. And the way they kept talking about how hot the prawn dish was made me crave Thai food and/or my Frank’s Red Hot that has disappeared from my apartment... What do others think? Think this was their A-game? Which menu would you have ordered?

Anyway, I am really sad this season is over, but I’ve decided to keep the Top Chef love going by visiting their website (like they’re always suggesting) and making one of the recipes! I’m thinking of Antonia’s rice salad and skirt steak she made a couple episodes back…

I’ll report back on how it goes!

Ps I just read on the Bravo website Ted Allen’s blog about the finale—very interesting blog post, especially for die-hard Top Chef fans…
photo courtesy of bravotv.com

No comments: