Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Dishes to be thankful for...

The Boston Globe just posted this story on boston.com, written by food critic Devra First, about foods she's thankful for having eaten in the past year. I thought Dish Gal would chime in on the fun...

I'm thankful for the spiced doughnuts with marsala wine dipping sauce at Sorellina.

I'm thankful for how every time we cook together, Z puts together a beautifully arranged side salad, like this one:
I'm thankful for the corn at Toro. Yes, I'm behind on this-- but I just discovered it, so it's still new to me!
I'm thankful for the tater tots at Garden at the Cellar.

I'm thankful for having the chance to eat at Aura not once, but twice -- and with a friend from the Seaport Hotel to guide me through the delicious menu. . .

I'm thankful for the bloody marys at Masa (and the free cornbread that comes with it!).

I'm thankful for that restorative stuffed eggplant at La Familia Giorgio's in the North End.

I'm thankful for the baked raclette at Eastern Standard.

I'm thankful for the insanely good, if-I-owned-a-jet-I'd-fly-there delicious, peking duck nachos with wasabi sauce from our trip to Puerto Rico.

I'm thankful for my grill pan, a gift from Dish Mom, that allowed me to make this delicious grilled tuna with tomato-cilantro salsa (email me for the recipe! dishgalboston@gmail.com )
And last but CERTAINLY not least, I'm thankful for my Dish Gal cast of characters--listed at right-- for dining out with Dish Gal and making it a delicious year!

Are there any dishes you're thankful for?? Leave a comment!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Im thankful for Tajadas (fried sweet plantains) at Orinoco. They are so good.

Dish This! said...

Funny you should say that, Ezechiel, because I was thinking of putting that down!! Great minds think alike =)

QuietMan0307 said...

As you mentioned in earlier posts, I'm thankful for the pickled carrots and martinis at Brasserie Jo ...and the steak and fine wines at Aura.