Dish Gal's guide to getting the most out of life, one meal at a time...



Grafton St

Once in a while I'll have a dish that is so good, it makes me close my eyes just so I can appreciate every single morsel, every taste. I had one of those recently, out of the blue. You expect it when you're getting gussied up on a Friday night, or when you're trying a fancy new restaurant, or when you're on vacation. But on a random Tuesday night? Never.

That Tuesday, Skylar, Sebastian and I were meeting for dinner just to spice up the week a little. We decided on Grafton St in Harvard Square, since it's kind of equidistant between The Hill and The 'Ville (our respective 'hoods). After sipping on some chardonnay, we started with the strawberry and frisee salad with goat cheese and an orange vinagrette ($9). It was pretty good, although frisee is kind of a turnoff for me-- too prickly. Our waitress had raved about it, so I was a little wary that she had also raved about my entree...

Luckily, she was right on with this recommendation. I ordered the artichoke and fontina ravioli ($15), which were large, thick ravioli, wet and slippery from the silky lemon butter sauce. Accompanying the sweet and cheesy pasta was a mound of bitter, fragrant, bright green arugula.

It was simple, and yet it just...worked. The potent cheese with the delicate artichoke, the sweet sauce with the bitter greens...

Deeeeelish! Brave the crumbling Longfellow Bridge and the firey red line and get to Harvard Square pronto for this one.

No comments: